Jimi Plays Berkeley

All right music fans last time i gave you my comments on the song 'she loves you' by the Beatles which in my eyes is an all time classic now i wanna talk and when i say talk i mean rant about my other favorite musical star and you should have guessed from the title its none other than Jimi Hendrix. Now let's take a trip down memory lane and see the thrilling life he lived. James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix (born Johnny Allen Hendrix; November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970) was an American guitarist who was and still can be considered as a legend in guitar and one of the greatest guitarist who ever lived he started playing guitar at the tender age of 15 and you would never believe what I'm gonna say our guitarist was in the army and not just some simple soldier but a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne Division, I mean who would think that our star was a gutsy soldier i think there is nothing he can't do. He dabbled in gigs in the US but finally moving to the UK in the late 1966 where he grew to fame with songs like "Hey Joe" and "The Wind Cries Mary". His album "Electric Ladyland" reached number one in the US. But sadly his life got cut too short by Barbiturate related Asphyxia, may God bless his soul. Also did you know he was a southpaw and not just that but one of his friends another famous guitarist Eric Clapton had a left handed Guitar made specially for him but was never able to give it to him before his death.Just so you know i got all the info from Wikipedia.
 So my dedication song of the day is the song "Purple Haze" from the album "Jimi Plays Berkeley" it has some awesome songs like "Little Wings" and "Woodoo Chile" check out the album if you like its a no brainer for me.Purple Haze written in 1966 and recorded in 1967 has become the archetypical psychedelic drug songs of the sixties. Though it has said to be another love songs some fans say it has drug relation even though Hendrix denied all of that enough about if the song is related to drugs whatever the song may be it has some great lyrics and a good guitar piece. The lines like " 'Scuse me while i kiss the sky" and "whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me" in my mind it talks all about love the high you get when you think about you loved ones, all your attention going to the one you cherish as if and i quote "that girl put a spell on me" the electricity you feel from this song really takes you to the next level. I suggest the next time you get a chance listen to this song and if you want to do it my way download it or if your'e feeling of going retro buy the CD and listen to it like a million times till you know the song by heart. Whoo! writing gives me such a thrill that's it from me folks if you have any tips or advice for me do leave a comment and if you like the way i like follow love you bye!!

Comments

Popular Posts